- Hospital Pharmacist/Clinical Pharmacist/Community pharmacist.
- Employment opportunities in medical stores, whole sale dealers & manufacturing units.
- As an entrepreneur for repacking of drugs & chemicals.
- Sales/Medical representatives.
- Analysts in chemical / drug analysis laboratories.
- Technicians in biochemistry & pathology lab.
- Research/Biotechnological research and development in the private national/multinational firms has expanded the sphere of business activity of this field.
- May start their own chemist shops for which pharmacy diploma is a must requirement to obtain the license.
Qualification for Admission
As per the Punjab State Board of Technical Education, Chandigarh.
- Admission Norms : As per the Punjab State Board of Technical Education, Chandigarh.
- Reservation : As per the Punjab State Board of Technical Education, Chandigarh.
- Duration of the course : The duration of the course shall be for 2 academic years with each academic year spread over a period of not less than one hundred and eighty working days in addition to 500 hours practical training spread over a period of not less than 3 months.
- Course of study : The course of study for Diploma in Pharmacy Part –I and Diploma in Pharmacy Part –II shall include the subjects as given in the Tables I & II below. The number of hour devoted to each subject for its teaching in Theory and Practical, shall not be less than that noted against it in columns 2 and 3 of the Tables below.
- Continuing Education : Students can opt for higher education such as B. Pharm, M. Pharm and Ph D.